Access and Offsite Improvements
Ingress/egress to the site will be available via all directions from the New Jersey Turnpike and New Jersey Route 46 Bergen Turnpike and Challenger Road. Proposed offsite improvements, fully approved by the Department of Transportation and the Turnpike Commission include:
- Construct ramps and tie into existing exit lanes from the New Jersey Turnpike to Route 46 eastbound and westbound ramps.
- Lane additions and improvements along Route 46 Eastbound to allow two lanes to directly enter the SkyMark site.
- Construct a new four-lane bridge over Route 46 to service the site exiting traffic to the New Jersey Turnpike northbound and Route 80 northbound and site entering traffic from Route 46 westbound.
- Install signalization at the Bergen Turnpike intersection with SkyMark Boulevard.
- Connect Skymark Boulevard to the Bergen Turnpike at the southern end of the site and to Challenger Road at the Northern end of the site
- Modify some of the existing infrastructure to accommodate the proposed traffic.
- New Jersey Transit Service on site with direct, non-stop 25-minute service to Port Authority Bus Terminal in Midtown Manhattan
- Future stop on Planned Bus Rapid Transit System